If you are using Okta, you can benefit from the provisioning feature of TeamMood using the TeamMood/Okta integration available from the Okta marketplace.
There are a couple of things you need to do before you can provision external users to TeamMood:
- Automatic user provisioning is part of our Enterprise plan, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more details. Once subscribed to the Enterprise plan, we'll send you an authentication token.
- You need an Okta account with admin privileges. Okta requires an additional subscription for SCIM provisioning. Contact your Okta representative to ensure your organization has the appropriate subscription.
We support the following provisioning features:
- Push New Users: new users created through Okta will also be created in the TeamMood.
- Push Profile Updates: updates made to the user's profile through Okta will be pushed to TeamMood.
- Push User Deactivation: deactivating the user or disabling the user's access to the application through Okta will deactivate the user in TeamMood.
- Reactivate Users: user accounts can be reactivated in Okta.
- Create a group: new groups created through Okta will also be created in the TeamMood as teams.
- Assign a user to a group: assigning a group to a user in Okta will add the user in the corresponding team on TeamMood.
- Delete a group: an unlinked and deleted group in Okta will delete the corresponding team from TeamMood, and the members will be moved to your TeamMood's default team
OKTA configuration step by step
To get started, reach out to us and let them know you want to use Okta for user provisioning. (email@example.com) We will provide you with an API token specific to your organization.
- From the Okta Applications menu, add the "TeamMood" Okta app
2 - Hide the application icon from the users by checking the two check boxes
3 - Check the Enable provisioning features box.
4 - Click Configure API Integration.
5 - Check the Enable API integration box.
6 - Enter the Base URL and API Token provided by us.
7 - Click Test API Credentials; if successful, a verification message appears at the top of the screen.
8 - Click Save.
9 - Select To App in the left panel, then select the Provisioning Features you want to enable.
10 - Click Save.
11 - You can now assign people and groups to the app (if needed) and finish the application setup.
Troubleshooting/Things to know
Initial activation of Okta provisioning in TeamMood requires contacting our support team, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please reach out with any questions during your configuration process.
When new users are provisioned to TeamMood:
- They are assigned to a default team, so you can move them to any other TeamMood team you want.
- They don't receive mood polls yet. You have to update the user and enable some working days.
When a group is deleted from Okta, team members who do not belong it any teams in TeamMood are moved to the default team, with no working days and disabled.
Also note that we do not allow username/email updates from Okta.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any question regarding provisioning.