Structure your people
It's possible to structure the teams either using several Teams or Tags.
When to use tags or teams?
With teams, you can create operational groups of people who are working together on a project.
For instance, Sam is the manager of the Team Awesome, and she reports to Katy, the CEO. She can be part of two teams:
- Team Awesome: her day to day operational team.
- Leadership: a group with Katy the CEO and the other managers.
With tags you can add metadata to your people. They can help you gaining insights about particular user groups:
- in Cross-Functional Teams you could use tags to indicate roles or functions of team members
- in Multi-Regional Teams you could use tags to geographically pinpoint your team members.
Of course you are free to mix and match tags as you like.
Here is a recap of the possibilities and limitations of each.
- each participant can have several tags
- everyone (not only the admins) can filter out on those tags
- the participants can see data linked to the tags they don't belong to
- they share only one mood and comment for all the tags
Using separated teams
- each participant can be part of several teams
- only some people who you choose can filter on those teams or see all the teams data. Regular users see only the data of the teams they belong to
- the participants cannot see data linked to the tags they don't belong to
- they share several moods and a comments, one for each team they belong to
Filter your moods
Once in place, tags allow you to filter moods in your Calendar, Analytics and Comments view. When filtering by a tag, only the moods of tagged team members are displayed.
Why some teams/tags are disabled when filtering?
To preserve anonymity, some tags can be disabled (greyed out) and you cannot select them. Continue to read if you want to know why.
You can only filter by a tag if the there are 3 or more users with it. When selecting multiple tags the same rule applies: At least 3 users must have the selected tags.
The default setting of 3 users can be adapted according to your company policy. Just let us know and we take care of it.